The Norwich Women's Club had its origin in 1907, as the Women's Literary Club of Norwich.  Since its beginning, the Club has promoted cultural, educational, civic and charitable aspects of life in Norwich.  
Membership is open to all residents of Norwich and other interested persons.

The Club's two major fundraisers are the Spring Gala, a silent auction combined with an evening event held each March, and the semi-annual Nearly New Sales held in May and October.  More than 200 area volunteers work to make these events possible.  Proceeds from the Spring Gala support community projects, while those from the Nearly New Sales provide for post-secondary scholarships for Norwich residents.

Norwich students have received nearly $500,000 in awards through the Norwich Women's Club Scholarship fund (formerly the Marion Cross Scholarship Fund) since 1964.  The fund was originally named in honor of Marion Cross, a teacher and principal in Norwich for over 40 years.

The Club's direct contributions to the community are numerous, including installation of a Town of Norwich sign in recognition of its centennial, summer concerts on the Green, handrails on the steps at Huntley Meadow, and flower plantings on the triangle.  In addition, the Club contributes to organizations serving the Norwich community, such as the Marion Cross School, the Norwich Historical Society, the Trails Alliance, the Family Place, Twin Pines Housing Trust and the Norwich Public Library, among others.